Thursday, June 16, 2011

Baby food-alicious

So my mom and I spent a lot of last week (ok, to be honest, it was mostly my mom) making baby food for Ashley.  She is a foodie already...she is a big lover of all things orange...carrots, sweet potatoes, and squash, and has also fallen for green beas and peas.  Asparagus might take some getting used to, but apples, pears, and prunes (yes, prunes) are high on the list of loves.  Up next are avocadoes, mango, apricots, and peaches, not to mention chicken as her first meat. 
yum yum

faster please!
Mom and I (again, mostly Mom) roasted, steamed and boiled ourselves into a baby food frenzy, and call me a dork, but I love looking at the result in the freezer!  We used ice trays with covers (thank you Amazon mom and Evo), froze everything and then freezer bagged them.  We might have gone a wee bit overboard though, as Ashley's doc said to only keep it for 4-6 weeks.  We're on three times a day now, so I think we'll use most of it up!

On a side note, at Ashley's 6 month check up (and last appointment with shots for quite a while), Ashley's doc was SUPER pleased with her development.  So much so, that at times when I would ask him a question, he was so wrapped up in watching and interacting with her that he would completely ignore me. 

He said her weight and height were perfect (90% each), but to not be surprised if both went down to 75% or so at her 9 month appointment.  As he said, neither Jonathan nor I are very tall people, and he's seen our families, so we can't really expect Ashley to maintain the high percentiles.  That's fine with me, the most important thing was how healthy she is!  He also said he wouldn't be surprised if she tried walking around 9 months, as she's already so mobile.  I really love Ashley's doc.

Had to tell mom and dad bye today, but we can't wait to see them again soon!  We really did have a blast these last few weeks, the only dark spot was that Jonathan had to be gone for work....but I can never thank them enough for all of their help!