Monday, November 28, 2011

Lately

I haven't been writing too much lately, mostly because I'm too busy chasing a small walking whirlwind around the house...Ashley walking is still intermittent (I guess it IS only the second full day...), and she's MUCH faster as a "scooter" and crawler, but I love looking over at her and seeing her just standing there, drinking her bottle or reaching for Jill (who lets her grab), or Ella (who stays just out of reach at all times...).

Plans for her first birthday are in the works...we'll have it at Gramma and Granpa White's house in Wise River, and have invited mostly family and a few friends.  My folks will be here, as will Jonathan's.  Unfortunately, her Godmama Emily, Jonathan's sister, won't be able to come due to finals starting the final Monday...
And it's possible that her other Godmom Lori Stevenson won't be in attendance either, as she may or may not be giving birth to her first baby (little girl Kooper) right around that time.  I suppose that's an excuse...
But, her Godfather Matthew, Jonathan's brother, will be there with bells on I'm sure, along with his gal Dallas and Kelly, Nikki, and Tye...their three great kids. 
Jonathan and I are making her cake and we've ordered supplies and are getting ready to get it done...should be an interesting feat! 
My mom will be here to help with the rest of the food, and it should go off without a hitch.  I know first birthday's are for the parents, but I know Miss A will have fun, too, since she LOVES being around people!



A lil family photo


She will be expecting a second dose of that whipped cream stuff at her birthday, I'm sure...
Thanksgiving Day



Sunday the 11th we'll be baptising Ashley at Holy Spirit Catholic Church in Butte, MT.  It's where her Daddy was baptised, though at the time the church had not been built so his was in the rectory.  They are super nice folks there, I can't wait!  Gramma Sheila got Ashley a beautiful dress, bib, and hat, and Gramma Malla got her matching shoes...she'll look gorgeous!

Otherwise, Ashley's been inducted to the White Family Hunting Club (not an actual organization, just one that I've made up of course...but it's quite accurate).  She's been "hunting" three times already, and she's not even a year old!  We went with Matthew, Dallas, and the kids, as well as with her Granpa Martin, and today, just the three of us.  Unfortunately, the elk gods were not smiling on this sector of the White family this year, as we didn't end up with an elk....it's the experience, right?
"Hunting for elk"
from the comforts of the cabin of course...
Ashley's first Turkey Day!
With two of her godparents, Aunt Emily and Uncle Matthew
My girl